What You Can Do about Angular Cheilitis Cause
Probably one of the most persistent skin ailments that affect people every year is Angular Cheilitis. Known as Perleche or Angular Stomatitis, it usually occurs during winter when extreme cold dries up our skin. Although it can occur on any person even during the hot summer days, it is predominantly widespread when the temperature starts to drop. This skin condition can be brought about by the infection caused by certain fungi or other bacterial infection that are present in the air. Angular Cheilitis can cause discomfort aside from the embarrassment that it presents. Starting from the corner of the mouth, small red chapping skin would appear and then develop into small blisters which, when left untreated, could infect the whole lip area. There are different factors on Angular Cheilitis cause but all of these can be quickly addressed as long as you will be conscious with your health.
NovelTreatment.com recommends a home remedy that has worked very well for thousands of sufferers.
You can download the remedy after Clicking Here.
Angular Cheilitis Cause and Prevention
- The first thing that we must know about Angular Cheilitis cause is that it is brought about by fungal infection particularly Candida Albicans. This is a kind of yeast that is more active when there is damp cold weather and is present almost anywhere. When our bodies come in contact with yeast, it does not quickly produce infection because our skins have certain protection to fight off invading pathogens. However, if our body lacks resistance due to insufficiency of vitamins and minerals this becomes favorable for any pathogen to invade and multiply.
- Deficiencies in body oils because of malnourishment can be made susceptible. When our body does not get enough sustenance from the food we eat, especially due to the restricted diet we get during winter, our immune system also suffers. Since there is not enough protection for the malnourished body, some persistent pathogens may easily invade our body and cause infection. Our lips and mouth do not produce their own oils and so they are more exposed to infection thus this is one Angular Cheilitis cause that need to be looked into.
- Deficiency in Vitamin B12 is one other factor of Angular Cheilitis causes. Vitamin B12 or any other vitamins in the B order can provide us protection against skin diseases because these vitamins focus their beneficial effect particularly on the skin.
- Deficiency in Iron is also a strong position for the fungi and is another Angular Cheilitis cause. Iron makes our skin, nails, hair, and blood healthy and if there is not enough iron in our blood, our skin tends to become dry and overly dry once the climate sets in.
- Excessive exposure to sun can also cause our lips to get overly dry and can be one Angular Stomatitis cause. The sad thing is although we normally put moisturizers and sunscreen on our skin, we do not apply lip moisturizers to protect our lips corners from drying. However, when there is already an infection on the corner of your mouth, avoid using lip moisturizers because these can only provide sustenance for the germs to grow.
- Lack of fluid in our body also contributes to the excessive dryness of our skin. Even if we are properly nourished, clothed, and sufficient with nourishing supplements, when we do not take enough water especially during winter we notice that our skin gets easily dry. This is because the cold air that surrounds us sucks in the heat our body produces and therefore takes in our skin moisture through evaporation. Remember that although the cold weather has lower temperature than our bodies, our metabolism rate remains constant because we have to keep up heat in our body. When our body becomes warmer than our environment then there will be too much water loss in our system and this causes dryness of our skin and therefore makes up as another cause.
- Children and elderly people are also very vulnerable to Angular Cheilitis because of their habits and practices. Elderly people, especially those who are almost immobile, do not have enough strength to maintain oral hygiene and so they are easily affected by skin infection. Children who have the habit of biting their nails, sucking their fingers, and chewing on anything they can get their hands on are also prone to oral fungal infection. These makes two different group of ages that is more prone to Angular Stomatitis. Yeast can grow anywhere as long as its host is rich with the nutrients it needs for its growth and so when we come in contact with it with an unprotected skin then this will another episode of angular cheilitis cause.
Controlling Angular Cheilitis Cause
However, angular cheilitis during its infancy stage can be controlled thoroughly even with the use of home remedies. Medicated lip balm, Vaseline mixed with white paraffin, and lip moisturizers without the sugar additives can help alleviate the soreness and help in the healing process. It is also advisable to humidify your home once in a while so that people inside the house will not suffer from dry skin.