The Best Angular Cheilitis Home Remedies
What is Angular Cheilitis? In this condition, the patient can be suffering from what seems to be a very simple inflammation of the lips but in reality it is a very excruciating experience. It really is not fatal, although the extreme pain might suggest that it is; there is no reason to panic. Nevertheless, in line with the physical and emotional disturbance brought about by the disease, more and more people are trying to come up with better cheilitis remedies and the search for the best Angular Cheilitis home remedies have begun.
Yes, Angular Cheilitis is not in any way life threatening. True enough, it can be really embarrassing and frustrating, especially when you are originally a people person and suddenly cannot show yourself to everyone because of how you look; in this case, people want to find Angular Cheilitis home remedies that are not only effective but also fast-acting. You will truly feel disabled when affected with the disease. First of all the type of pain you experience can be rather debilitating and then speaking and eating can be truly difficult and can even make the situation worst.
Science has not really successfully pointed out the culprit for the disease process and because of this there is no specific cure for it yet. The following are some of the factors that they believe can contribute to the existence of the disease:
- Iron and vitamin deficiencies
- Ill-fitted dentures resulting to collapsed occlusions
- Dryness of lips because of extreme heat or cold
- Allergic reactions from skin products and cosmetics
Believing that since it is not life-threatening, sufferers tend to just ignore it and they allow the disease to resolve itself. As a quick fix for the dryness and chapping, they will form a habit of licking their lips to somehow provide it some moisture. Now, the thing that most people do not understand is that, this action can even make angular cheilitis worse because by providing enough moisture on the cracks you create a perfect breeding ground for the bacteria and fungi to grow and multiply.
Be careful when you are suffering from this disease because wrong actions can only make it worse. There are a number of Angular Cheilitis home remedies that you can try and they can help relieve you of pain and get rid of angular cheilitis altogether:
- using a piece of cucumber, moisturize your lips by rubbing the cucumber on it
- you can also use aloe vera to prevent your lips from drying and cracking
- lip balms, even the unflavored ones can constantly keep your lips moist
- you can drink a lot of water instead, to be able to provide enough moisture for your lips
- if your place is quite dry, prevent skin dryness by installing humidifiers
- do not apply make up to your face unless the disease has completely been resolved.
Angular Cheilitis natural remedies are abundant nowadays and since they are materials and ingredients that already exist in your homes, it will not cost you a thing.