Understand Angular Cheilitis Infection
What is Angular Cheilitis infection? This is the presence of inflammatory lesions on the lips and on the corners of the mouth. It is a fungal infection that is brought about by the existing bacteria in the lips and usually starts as red spots and can eventually become cracks if left untreated. These cracks can still get worse and become ulcers that can spread and infect the rest of the mouth.
The pathogenic bacteria require the existence of furrows or deep pockets in order to survive. If these pockets are teeming with moisture, this condition will be conducive to their overall growth and progression.
Moisture is what they need to survive and so they begin to thrive. Doctors usually prescribe medicine to cure Angular Cheilitis infection. Since these do not really work well, people who are affected with this disease try to find alternative methods to treat it. Natural herbs have been proven to give the best results. They do the job. They do it quick and they do not cause harmful side effects.
There are a number of factors that can bring about Angular Cheilitis infections and these are the following:
- Nutritional deficiencies are often the cause of Angular Cheilitis infection. If your body lacks the right amount of vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin B and Iron, your body’s immune system is down and you will become susceptible to the disease.
- Natural signs of aging involve the formation of wrinkles in the skin especially in the facial area; and this is the reason why elderly people are more prone to the disease. Apart from this, edentulous individuals with ill-fitting dentures will develop overlapping of tissues and large folds to appear especially at the corners of their mouths.
- Also, extreme weather conditions, like winter, can cause lips to dry and crack. As a temporary relief, people tend to lick their lips with their tongues and this will only make the situation worse than it is. Moisturizing the lips using our saliva will actually give the bacteria more reason to survive.
To solve your problems with infections here are some simple angular cheilitis remedies that you can do:
- Apply petroleum jelly or unflavored lip balm to cure cracked and dried lips.
- Some creams as well as tea tree oil can sometimes help, but not to a certain extent
In the end, to be able to truly get rid of Angular Cheilitis infection you have to target the root of the cause and then wipe it out entirely. There are several home remedies that can dry these lesions without drying your skin. Those would be truly helpful.