Learn How to Heal Angular Cheilitis
Are you having a difficult time dealing with your dry and chapped lips? Are there sores on the corners of your mouth and would you like to know how to heal Angular Cheilitis? The most important thing to do when you are dealing with something like this is to know more about the disease and to make an informed decision about it.
If the case that you are dealing with has lasted for more than a few days and it seems unlikely to resolve on its own then you are probably dealing with Angular Cheilitis. It is a disease wherein there is an overgrowth of bacteria on the lips and despite the way it looks, it is not harmful at all.
It is still unknown how the bacteria can cause the disease. Some people develop it more than the others and some actually seem immune to infection. Nevertheless, there are some factors that contribute to its occurrence and these are the following:
- People who have weakened immune systems due to nutrition deficiency get infected more than others
- People who are wearing ill-fitting dentures develop deep slits on the corners of their mouths due to over closure and these become likely habitats for the bacteria
- Skin pocketing due to weight gain, weight loss or aging also contribute to the likelihood of the disease to be happening on a person
- Bad habits of nail-biting, thumb-sucking and pen-biting is also a contributing factor
If any of these symptoms are present and bacteria are allowed to propagate and multiply, then the victim will surely be in extreme pain. It is very difficult to get rid of angular cheilitis symptoms and patients tend to suffer from it for a long time.
So, do you want to know how to heal Angular Cheilitis successfully? There are several things you can do and here they are:
- If you have ill-fitting denture then you know that the only solution to this is to have new ones fabricated. Visit your dentist now and get measured for new dentures so that you can get rid of your problem. Be diligent in maintaining the cleanliness of your dentures. Always keep it clean by soaking it in medicated mouthwash or antiseptic solutions.
- Get quick relief from the painful symptoms of Angular Cheilitis by applying petroleum jelly or unscented lip balm. It will not really do anything to heal the disease but it will provide you with much relief.
- If you have bad habits then you can apply some bitter solution on your nails, thumb and pens to keep you from doing this bad practice again.
- For those who have gained some weight, then perhaps you can try to lose some of the excess weight you gained.
If you are really wondering how to treat Angular Cheilitis, you should know that there are household agents and kitchen ingredients that can easily solve your problem. You do not have to suffer anymore. You can solve your problem right away! Do not worry if you do not know how to treat Angular Cheilitis because help has arrived.