When the Boron, a chemical element is combined with sulfuric acid, the result is a substance called borax, which is also known as boric acid. It has many uses, from insecticide to glass manufacturing (as well as ceramics), and as a fire retardant. When diluted with water it can also be used as an antiseptic or antifungal solution, the latter by restoring the pH balance in the surfaces to which they are applied.
Abnormal Yeast Growth
In a nutshell, it’s not that bad to have yeast present in the body’s system, if the numbers are small, they do not cause any harm and are not even considered as a threat. The body’s natural balance will often keep this population in acceptable levels, but factors like poor diet, inactivity, clothing, stress, medication, illnesses, and bad habits can imbalance the system an allow the fungus to grow. If it grows too much, an infection occurs.
How to Treat Yeast infections with Borax
Borax is a common ingredient in many topical drugs used to treat yeast infections, and you can also make your own “homemade” borax remedies if you have the chemical available.
Get an empty capsule and fill it with borax. This capsule will then be inserted deep into the vagina where the body’s heat and the fluids in the canal will melt the capsule skin and let out the borax. Sometimes a slight burning can be felt, and there will also be some discharge. Do not do this if you are pregnant.
Skin applications- dilute the borax until it is very, very mild and apply on to the affected area of the skin. Be sure that the skin is not broken or “weeping” because this will cause the borax to enter into your bloodstream. You can also apply this solution to your feet and armpits to prevent fungal growth.
Treating the yeast infection with borax will get rid of it, but not keep it from coming back. More holistic measures should be taken to ensure that a recurrence of the yeast infection will not happen.
There would always be a time when you will know you need your borax treatment. Yeast infections appear in many forms. On men, they appear as thrush or male yeast infections that manifests around and inside their mouths. On women the most common form of yeast infections is the vaginal yeast infections or the Candidiasis. It is manifested with vaginal itching, swollen of the vulva, redness and pain during sex. Babies also developed thrush and rashes which are also both produced by the Candida albicans fungus.
At present, how to get rid of the yeast infection can be relied on the use of borax by means of borax inserts. This is probably one of the most effective and popular home remedies women used when they cannot get relief from over-the-counter drugs and cures. It is also not messy as honey and yogurt and does not produce pungent odor like garlic when used as treatment for vaginal yeast infections. However, borax in capsule form is not very common so you have to make your own. It is just easy to make borax capsules but you have to be aware of the cleanliness to avoid contaminating the inserts. Here is how you make them at home.
1. Make ready with the empty capsules and craft paper where you put the borax powder.
2. You can use the tip of a sterilized knife in putting the powder into the capsules. A single capsule must have around 600mg powder because this is the recommended dosage for daily dose.
3. When closing the capsule, make sure you do not spill the powder. Close each capsule firmly.
4. Dispose the materials properly when you are done and keep the capsules in clean and tightly sealed container.
5. Before going to bed ensure that you insert one capsule deep into your vagina and wear a panty liner to catch the discharge. Do this for one week. If the vaginal discharge slowly stops after few days, that means the boric acid is taking its effect in eliminating the yeast infections. However, if heavy discharge does not stop for a week and pain is experienced, better see a doctor in this situation.