Diet holds a significant part in curing yeast infection. But, what are these types of foods that can prevent or help treat vaginal yeast infection? According to the most recent medical researches, avoiding certain food groups and increasing the intake of food types that are highly recommended may be helpful in fighting candida infection.
Are there any kinds of food that can prevent vaginal yeast infection? Latest medical researches support the assumption that avoiding certain foods while increasing the intake of others may be extremely effective as a first step for combating candida infection as part of a comprehensive holistic vaginal yeast infection treatment.
This supposition is applicable in addressing yeast infection problems. Yeast infections are not like viral diseases. It cannot be caught, but rather, triggered by many issues.
Candida is a genus of yeast that is responsible for yeast infections in human individuals. Along with other bacteria types, Candida exists in warm, moist body parts of the body like the vagina, mouth and intestines. Candida microorganisms can cause proper digestion and immersion of micronutrients such as amino acids, essential fatty acids and glucose.
Proper Diet can help control Yeast Infection
According to physicians and paraprofessionals, firm adherence to several dietary philosophies including the elimination of food types that trigger candida overgrowth, is one successful way to prevent and reverse yeast infections. Below are only some rules to follow in making a positive effect on one’s general health and wellbeing.
• Goat and sheep’s milk is recommended over cow’s milk. Dairy products generally contribute to heavy mucus, provoking allergic reactions.
• Mushrooms, condiments, dried fruits, and vinegar can help ignite candida and trigger candida overgrowth.
• Candida overgrowth is also triggered by foods that have hydrogenated oils.
• Alcohol speeds up candida growth. Wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages must be avoided.
• Any form of pasta should be avoided for Candida prevention because it is rich in flour and water, which can only make yeast thrive more.
• Any bread and baked goods with artificial sweeteners should be removed from the diet because they are high in sugar, which also compliments the growth of yeast.
Basically, the type of environment which Candida yeast infection thrive in is highly acidic in nature. This acidity is the one responsible for absorbing all the natural vitamins and minerals present in our body, which limits proper enzyme production. Not enough productions of enzymes, in turn will further lead to problems such as indigestion, gas problems, or swollen intestines. Thus in order to get rid of Candida, it is needed to consume foods which will balance the level on the number of yeast in the body.
The best type of diet for the cure of yeast infection is one that is high in protein and fiber together with some complex carbohydrates and lots of fresh fruits. For example, one needs to consume at least 65% of high fiber foods, 20% high protein foods, 10% complex carbohydrates, and 5% fruits if he wants to treat his infection.
Here is a list of acceptable foods that should be taken by those who want to cure their infection problems:
• Legumes like chickpeas, soybeans, lentils, and soy flakes
• Nuts and seeds like pecans, sesame, sunflower seeds, cashews, and almonds
• Leafy vegetables including lettuce, Brussels, sprouts, cauliflower, and celery
• Chosen beverages like unsweetened soymilk, carbonated or plain water, almond milk Mugicha, and unsweetened taheebo.
Alternatively, in looking for remedies and treatment for candida, antibiotics should be removed out of the list because according to research, prolonged intake of antibiotics can only worsen the case and showing of symptoms can be aggravated. The reason for this is that antibiotics are made to fight off the bad bacteria that cause the infections but while destroying the bad bacteria the drug also eradicates the good ones that help keep candida levels in the body balanced. Thus, sticking on a candida-friendly diet is still the safest way to deal with this yeast infection.